ETH Admission Requirements for Bachelor Degree Programs:
There are three-ways to getting admission to the first semester of the desired Bachelor degree program:
- Admission without entrance examination.
- Admission by passing the reduced entrance examination
(4 examination subjects)
- Admission by passing the comprehensive entrance exam.
(8 examination subjects)
To get admission to Bachelor’s degree programs, students must satisfy ETH’s language requirements. Without some individual courses, the main teaching language in all Bachelor’s degree programs in German.
When to Apply:
There are two applications window for Bachelor’s degree programs in ETH Zurich.
- Regular application period: 1 November – 30 April
- Late application period: 1 May – 31 July
How to Apply:
- Fill out the online application form in eApply
- Pay the application fee:
- Swiss and Liechtenstein certificates= 50.00 CHF
- Foreign Certificates = 150.00 CHF
- Submit your application documents:
- The required documents are:
- Printed and signed online application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Secondary School certificate copy
- Mark sheets or transcripts of the last three years of school
- University transcripts- if you are currently attending a university.
- German language certificate
- Payment confirmation
- Then submit your documents to the University Admission office.
ETH Admission Requirements for Master’s Degree Programs:
Admission requirements: To apply for the Master’s Degree programs at ETH Zurich, you need the equivalent of an ETH Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. A requirement profile for each Master’s program describes the formal prerequisites in terms of subjects, quality, depth and breadth of your previous studies.
Language requirements: The academic language of most Master’s programs is in English, but some programs require knowledge of German to.
Academic year: ETH Zurich‘s academic year is divided into two semesters:
→ The Autumn Semester: From mid-September up to the Christmas/New Year break.
→ Spring Semester: From mid-February to the end of May.
The academic year begins in September, but in some Programs you can begin your studies in either the Autumn or Spring Semester.
How to Apply:
ETH Zurich handles Master’s applications by online.
→ 1 November to 15 December: For international students requiring a visa for Switzerland
→ 1 March – 31 March: For all other students.
We also recommend using the earlier application period if you need an early admissions decision. For example, when applying for a scholarship.
Fees and Cost of Living:
ETH Zurich is an attractive destination for both International and Swiss students for its low tuition fees. Education at ETH Zurich is funded by the government. That’s why both Swiss and foreign students pay the same modest tuition fees. The current tuition and student fees are 644 CHF per semester. Under the ‘Excellence Scholarship and Opportunity Programme’, ETH Zurich offers full scholarships for Master’s students.